Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Two Frogs

A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. When the other frogs saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead. The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit with all their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the entire time.

كانَت هناكَ مجموعةٌ من الضفادعِ تسيرُ في الغابةِ، فسقطَ اثنان منها في حفرةٍ عميقةٍ، وعندما رأتْ بقيةُ الضفادعِ عمقَ الحفرةِ، أخبرتْ الضفدعينِ بأنهما ميتانِ لا محالة، لكنَّهما تجاهلا التعليقاتِ وحاولا القفزَ خارجَ الحفرةِ بكلِ ما أوتيا من قوةِ، إلا أنَّ بقيةَ الضفادعِ استمرت في أمرهما بالتوقفِ وبإخبارهما أنهما ميتان لا محالةَ. وأخيرًا التفت أحد الضفدعينِ لما قالته بقيةِ الضفادعِ واستسلمَ، فسقطَ و ماتَ.ـ

أما الضفدعُ الآخر فقدْ استمرَ في القفزِ بكلِ ما في وسعِه، فصاحتِ الضفادعُ مجددًا تطلبُ منه أن يوقفَ الألمَ ويموتَ فحسب، فقفزَ قفزةً أعلى بكثير من سابقاتها وأخيرًا نجحَ في الخروجِ من الحفرةِ، فسألته بقية الضفادعِ :" ألم تسمعنا؟" ففسرَ لهم الضفدعُ أنه أصمٌ. لقد ظنَّ أنهم كانوا يشجعونه طوال ذلك الوقت..ـ


What a moral it has! I loved it. It's a good story to be told for kids. I hope you like my translation :)

10 comments:

Dalal Al-jabber said...

WoW -wow -wow -Darene MashaAllah your doing great sis. I realy enjoied reading your texts and translations, as well. Keeeeep it up !!

I will be back soon to translate some of them. I bring you a new arabic text written by me. I wish u love it waiting for your translating soon.

here you go :

http://dalal86.blogspot.com/

Darene said...

thank you my dear :)
I'm waiting for you

and I'm gonna translate your lovely writing soon :)

Anonymous said...

thank you

It was such a great story and so was your translation.

I advise you to reread it again.

you'r doing good :)

I relly hope you all the best

your bro. aziz

Darene said...

yeah translation is a process, the more revised the better it gets :)

Thank you, bro.

Rana said...

It's really a great story. The story says that the key to succeed in difficult situation is to change your perspective, the way you see it.

How great! It is so touching: the frog couldn't hear so he thought the others are encouraging.

Darene said...

yes rana, se how important encouragement is !

thank you so much for commenting :)

alejandra said...

hello, I love these stories. I'm learning Arabic and they are really useful to me!!

thank you!

Alejandra

Darene said...

you are welcome.
I'm willing to help if you need to :)

Anonymous said...

hello Darene i was wondering if you knew what the meaning of your name meant in arabic cuz i really like that name and plan on naming my next daughter that name.

Darene said...

well, hello

I've been searching for my name meaning since I love it so much and I'm thankful that my parents chose it for me.
Here's a list of meanings:

First of all it's not Arabic, if you open the dictionaty you will find that it is enlisted but as a proper name of a harbout in Bahrain just like any other city name. But recently, I have founded few Arabic websites assinging the meaning :(المحبوبة) to it which is taken from the Frech meaning of the name.

In French it is another variant of Darlene and it means: tenderly beloved
In Persian it is deravied from Daruis and means : Queen
In Austrailial name's dictionary: it has been added recently with the meaning : Great woman
In Turkish (i'm not sure but someone from Turkey told me so) it means: Honesty and deep feelings
In Hebrew it means : A wise woman

see how much i love my name lol it has many lovely meanings
and congratulations in anticipation